Four suspected Islamic State group recruiters may have planned new attacks in Belgium, authorities have said.
The Federal Prosecutor’s Office said today that four men had been charged with participating in the activities of a terrorist group.
Two were ordered arrested by an investigating judge but one of them was released with an electronic bracelet.
The other two were released under strict conditions.
The statement said the four do not appear to have links to the suicide bombers who struck the Brussels Airport and subway on March 22, killing 32 people.
Prosecutors said initial findings of the investigation indicated there may also have been plans for attacks in Belgium but provided no details.
Searches were carried out in Antwerp and two other locations.
The prosecutors said some of those detained were planning to go to Syria or Libya and join IS.
All of the suspects are believed to have wanted to recruit people to go to those conflict zones, the statement said.